At the New York School for the Deaf, Technology is Everywhere. . .
Throughout our school, technology is everywhere. It exists in the system that keeps our campus secure and our students safe. It exists in our Library, allowing electronic research and an advanced cataloging system. It exists in every classroom, with iMac Computers and SMART™ Interactive White Boards. Best of all, it exists in our students' hands with our Apple 1 to 1 Learning Environment, which provides a laptop to each teacher and each Middle School and High School student.
High Speed Wireless Access
Access to the Internet is available throughout our campus, so learning can take place anywhere.
Smartboards in every classroom
Teachers in over 900,000 classrooms worldwide use SMART Products to enhance learning.
SMART Interactive White Boards provide our teachers with the right tools to engage students, increase interactivity, encourage collaboration and work with different learning styles.
Every Classroom at Fanwood has a SMART Interactive Whiteboard. These combine the simplicity of a whiteboard or a chalkboard, with the power of a computer. Teachers and Students can control applications just by touching the screen with a finger or writing with the pen tool. Students can all interactively participate in classroom lessons and those lessons can later be distributed to students individually.
Apple iMac Computers are present in Every Classroom, Library and Computer Lab
Student involvement in projects and the use of technology - Every classroom has a digital camera and every class has the opportunity to use an HD video camera to create and share multimedia presentations
One to One Laptop Program - The cornerstone of the technology offerings at Fanwood
Beginning in 2006, Fanwood empowered all of its Teachers, Middle School and High School students by assigning them each an Apple laptop computer
This changed how, when and where students can learn.
- Apple 1 to 1 learning is the most advanced environment for learning in the 21st Century.
- Students who get to participate in a program like ours are different from students who do not get this opportunity. |
- Students who participate in a program like ours have access to the latest digital tools.
- Laptops enable collaboration, communication and time management skills
- This technology enables Fanwood students to achieve at higher levels than ever before.
- Every student with a laptop demonstrates a high level of motivation and they take a more active role in their education.
Fanwood has one of the most advanced technology programs for deaf students in the state of New York if not the nation.